Those who guard their mouths preserve their lives; those who open wide their lips come to ruin. -Proverbs 13:3 (NRSV) Last night, my wife had posted something political on Facebook (which she often does) and had her first experience with someone who vehemently disagreed with her viewpoint, choosing to respond in an angry manner. He accused her of such things as racism (I know my wife and she is no racist) and was "sad" for her. She was upset, called my attention to it and asked me who he was (she had "friended" him because he was a friend of friends and didn't really know him). I didn't know him, but was angered at his nasty little unfounded comment and accusation, firing back from my account that he should reserve his shame for himself. I also questioned why people can't disagree with the present political climate without being labeled racist? In the back of my mind as I'm posting it, it occurred to me that it was simply venting and would serve n...
12 Step Sobriety from a Christian perspective...
Comments